Monday, August 1, 2011

Saucy Crescent Ravioli

So, I love learning new recipes. Until recently I haven't been much of a recipe-follower. I'm an experimenter! I love to try a bit of this and a dash of that and even a squirt of something now and then.

But as the family has grown, my time and energy for creative culinary endeavors has dwindled a bit. Now my "concoctions" are becoming less frequent and my cookbooks are becoming familiar friends.

I recently purchased a Casserole Cookbook from a church fund-raiser. I bought it from my little sisters-in-law and I have to say -- it did not disappoint! This little book has some awesomely mom-friendly recipes. Usually not more than a few ingredients are required and they are all easily-accessible sort of things. Things you can find at Wal-Mart for the most part.



I had slated the Saucy Crescent Ravioli for tonight on my meal plan. Forgive the gross-looking photos below. My memory card was being used elsewhere and I had to use my phone. It was delicious. But must of the substance is hidden under the sauce.

The cheese was not the color of mustard. Ick. Again, this photo deceives. I'll do better next time.


1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
1 tsp. parsley flakes
2 c. spaghetti sauce, divided
1 (8oz.) tube refrigerator crescent rolls
1/4 c. onion, chopped
1 Tbsp flour
3 slices of cheese (one could use shredded cheese as well)

In a large frying pan, brown ground beef; drain. Stir in 1/2 cup of spaghetti sauce, onion, flour and parsley flakes. Set aside. Separate crescent rolls into 4 rectangles. firmly press perforations to seal. Place 3 tablespoons beef along one long side of each triangle. Fold dough over filling, pressing edges to seal. Cut each triangle into 3 squares. Spread remaining beef in bottom of a 9x13in baking dish. Place squares over beef filling. Do not crowd in pan or centers will be doughy. Bake at 375* F for 15 minutes. Place a quarter of a cheese slice on each square. Pour remaining sauce over. Bake for 10-15 minutes more until cheese has melted and sauce is bubbly.

Okay, now. All of the crescent folding and cutting confused me. So I simply took the crescents out of the tube, laid them out in four rectangles pressing the perforations together, put in the meat/sauce/flour/parsley mixture, and folded over lengthwise. Then I pressed my finger down right in the center of each of those long, stuffed rectangles making it sealed in the middle (making two squares). Then I continued following the directions and baked.

I also sprinkled on some parmesan and romano mixture. So delish! I hope you love it too!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks I think I may try this

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so yummy definitely one of my new favorites

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh! I might need to try that ravioli. Also that photo of Micah with the monkey = adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Ooooh, I love comments! :) Thanks for taking the time to let me know you came by! If you aren't sure how to comment just type in what you want to say and select Name/Url as your selected commenting profile -- you don't even have to type in a URL, just your first name! You can also use the "Anonymous" option and put your name at the end of your comment!